2014/10/18

read-along part 8

I'm on fire! I went through 7 chapters in the last couple of days. It is also a bit worrying as I normally have an incredibly short attention span but I seem to have found something to enjoy as I get older. The fact that I can get older as an orc is something of a miracle in itself. Under normal circumstances (living amongst my fellow orcs), I would be smacked on the head with a morningstar in the near future. An orc over the age of thirty is a rare sight to be seen. Perhaps living apart from my tribe is not the worst that ever happened to me. Well, I know for certain that worse things already happened and I might feel inclined to tell you about some of that in the days or weeks to come. But for now let's see what Ms. Austen had in store for us.

Chapter 22
Holy shit, Charlotte!

Is it clever? Is it incredibly stupid? Let's see: she is far more clever than Mr. Collins, so she will probably be able to manipulate him to do whatever she wants. Good choise then. On the other hand he is dull and tiresome. Won't she hate him for it soon enough? Perhaps she has already a solution in mind. A fake accident or monster attack. Who'd care if in a couple of weeks there were a note of his demise? On second thoughts I wonder if any of my wives had similar ideas when I took them home. Perhaps I should watch my back if I ever go home...

Chapter 23
I don't think that Mrs. Bennet and Lizzy will ever get on with each other. From a mother's point of view I can perfectly understand..., hang on, I mean... Not that I ever... Let's say, from a parent's point of view I can understand her anger. There she was, totally convinced that she would get rid of at least one of her daughters and then what?
Nothing.
Again.
I wonder how they feed all the girls. It's never mentioned that they go hunting, looting or pillaging.

Chapter 24
I'm beginning to question Lizzy's power of judgement. She certainly was blinded by that Wickham guy and now she blames Caroline for keeping Bingley away from Jane. It is pretty obvious that it is all Prick Darcy's doing as he wants to keep his friend for himself. But of course it is a heavy blow to Mrs. Bennet's efforts to be rid of her.

Chapter 25
I'm getting a bit tired of all the discussions about the girls not marrying. Would be nice for a change to get some action. So Jane is taken away to a big city. That sounds promising. As far as I know that means danger. Nice :-)
Big city means thieves guilds, monsters in the sewer system, intrigues, wizards. Looking forward to that.

Chapter 26
Hm, Jane's first report from the big city says nothing about monsters. Not even a single thief. Perhaps it was raining most of the time so she couldn't leave the house. Silly human rule.

Chapter 27
Now Lizzy goes on a journey as well. Travelling by coach. If I know anything for sure that must mean only one thing: an ambush. (I've been there many times, always a joy). Come on, Ms. Austen! A simple ambush, you can do it! I mean, if I can do it so can anyone else. Just throw some tree trunks in the way, eat the horses, steal the girls, there you go.

Chapter 28
What is wrong with you, Austen? Not even an accident?
And to top it all, Mr. Collins pops up again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are an orc, elf, human, dwarf etc, talk to me. If you are a troll, go away.